The NGOs plays a very important role in society. To seek grant for an NGO, consider the below mentioned criteria and process:
- Working on non-commercial basis
- Registered with the social welfare department under voluntary social welfare Agencies (Regd. & Control) Ordinance, 1961 and operating as such in any social welfare field for at least one year
- The Project for which assistance is applied is needed in the area of operation of NGO
- District Bait ul Maal Committee is authorized to grant up to 50 thousand to an NGO
- NGO is bound to contribute 1/3rd of the grant approved by the District Bait ul Maal Committee/Council under matching grant principle
- District Bait ul Maal Committee/Council can claim back the amount unutilized or misused in violation of terms & conditions of grant or purpose for which amount was granted
The NGOs can apply for assistance to NGOs on prescribed format to the Chairman, District Bait ul Maal Committee of the area. District Bait ul Maal Committee, keeping in view of the requirements of the NGOs, may determine or reject .