The aim of marriage grant is to provide financial assistance to the unmarried women or their guardians who cannot afford marriage expenses.
The eligibility criteria to avail the marriage grant is described below:
- Eligibility is determined by District Bait-ul-Maal Committees of the area of permanent residence of the applicant living below poverty level with preference to widows and orphan
- Poor parents who are unable to bear expenses on marriage of their daughters
- Upper limit of assistance is PKR 35,000 per family per daughter
- Daughters whose Nikkah ceremony has been held are eligible to get assistance on presenting of Nikkah Nama within 90 days
- Priority is given to:
- Poor guardians of orphan girls
- Poor and destitute parents
How to Apply
The deserving person can apply for marriage grant to the Chairman, District Bait-ul-Maal Committee of the area of his/her residence. District Bait-ul-Maal Committee, after reviewing financial status of the applicant, may determine or reject his/her application.