The aim of marriage grant is to provide financial assistance to the unmarried women or their guardians who cannot afford marriage expenses.
- Istehqaq is determined by District Bait ul Maal committees of the area of permanent residence of the applicant living below poverty level with preference to widows and orphan
- Poor parents who are unable to bear expenses on marriage of their daughters
- Ceiling of assistance is Rs. 35,000/- per family per daughter
- Daughters whose Nikkah ceremony has been held are eligible to get assistance on production of Nikkah Nama within 90 days
- Priority is given to:
- Poor guardians of orphan girls
- Poor & destitute parents
How To Apply
The deserving person can apply for Marriage Grant to the Chairman, District Bait ul Maal Committee of the area of his/her residence. District Bait ul Maal Committee, keeping in view of the financial condition of the applicant, may determine or reject his/her Istehqaq.