This is a health safeguard for poor patients who cannot afford expenses for their treatment. Bait-ul-Maal funds for medical treatment of the deserving patients are provided to provincial level teaching hospitals, DHQ hospitals and THQ hospitals of Government of the Punjab. These hospitals provide free medical treatment to the deserving patients after receiving grant from District Bait-ul-Maal Committees. Bait-ul-Maal Fund is not provided to the beneficiaries in cash for this purpose.
The eligibility criteria to avail the medical treatment is stated below:
- Eligibility is determined by the District Bait-ul-Maal committee of the area of permanent residence of the patient
- Upper limit of assistance is fixed a PKR 50,000 per patient granted by respective District Bait-ul-Maal Committee
- Patients admitted in a government hospital or medical institution of a registered NGO is eligible to get one-time assistance
- Assistance is disbursed to patients through patient welfare societies functioning in all THQ/DHQ hospitals
- Assistance for treatment within the country is permissible only
How to Apply
The needy/poor patients will get a form/certificate approved from the District Bait-ul-Maal Committee of his/her area. He/she will submit it to the Health Welfare Committee of the concerned hospital for free medical treatment. Applications are processed by a Health Welfare Committee headed by the Medical Superintendent.